On May 4th, 2019, we will gather to honor Bill and the impact he has had on our lives. The schedule will include two separate events. Tickets for these events must be purchased in advance and a limited number of tickets will be available according to the capacity of the venues. Tickets can be purchased online at www.tulsa26scouts.org/events.
Troop 26 Eagle and ASM Breakfast
- Saturday May 4th, 9am – 11am
- Home Builders Association of Tulsa, 11545 E 43rd St, Tulsa, OK 74146
- “Greatest Hits” Breakfast prepared by Troop 26 Chefs
- This event is for Eagle Scouts and Assistant Scoutmasters only
50th Anniversary Dinner
- Saturday May 4th, 6pm – 8:30pm
- Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame, 5 S Boston Ave, Tulsa, OK 74103
- Dinner will be catered by BurnCo BBQ. The Troop museum will be setup prior to the event beginning at 5pm. The evening will include a program of special presentations and guests to honor Bill.
- Adults 12+: $25
- Children under 12: $15
Please make plans to join us for these special events. Tickets for both events can be purchased at www.tulsa26scouts.org/events.
UPDATE: There are a limited number of tickets available for the dinner and over 1/3 of the tickets have already been sold. There are an unlimited number of breakfast tickets.
Welcome to Troop 26! Troop 26, in Tulsa, OK, meets every Monday evening at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. Troop 26 is a boy-led troop with over 750 Eagle scouts since 1969. Bill Shaffer has been the troop Scoutmaster for 48 years and has created an incredible program for thousands of scouts over the years. Today, there are over 170 boys and 80 ASMs (both men and women) registered with the troop. We are focused on developing developing scouts to be strong leaders with upstanding morale character and values. We teach scouts to value the scout oath and law, tradition, leadership, opportunity, adventure, the environment, and each other.
At Troop 26, our goal is to be the most awesome boy scout troop in Tulsa and America. Because of the large number of adult and Eagle Scout support, the troop is able to provide many high quality, exciting programs to our scouts. The programs offered include the following:
Camping and Adventure Programs
- Monthly troop campouts (all over northeastern Oklahoma)
- Annual Summer Camp at Hale (Indian Nations Council in Talihina, OK)
- Periodic Out of Council Summer Camps (Hawaii, Colorado, Texas, South Dakota, Alaska, etc.)
- Troop 26 Backpacking Program
- Regular Philmont treks
- Periodic Northern Tier Treks
- Periodic Seabase Treks
- Regular National Jamboree Treks (typically 2 full contingents)
- Annual Float trip
- White Stag Leadership Training
- Pine Tree (Council Leadership Training)
- Leadership Corp
- Troop 26 Backpacking Program
- Troop 26 Stickmen
- Troop 26 Arrow of Light Team
- Fall Festival Archaeology & History Museum
- Troop 26 Running and Cycling Club
- Fundraisers (Popcorn, Blue & Gold, Camp Cards, etc.)
- Order of the Arrow (includes OA events such as Ordeals, Vigil, & Conclaves)
- The Hornaday Program
- Troop 26 Merit Badge Program
- Court of Honor (approximately 3 per year) with Troop Museum
- Memorial Day Floral Haven Flag Lowering Ceremony
- Troop 26 WOW (Webelos Outdoor Weekends) – Typically around Halloween
- Special Scouts Christmas Party
- SPL and PL elections (twice a year – 6 month terms)
- Investiture (twice a year)
- Service Projects
- Troop 26 Committee (meets monthly)
- Council Training (IOLS & Scoutmaster/Assistant Scoutmaster Specific Leadership Training)
- Woodbadge Training
- Merit Badge Programs
- Uniform Moms (uniform exchange, patch sewing, special projects)
Troop 26 is always looking for new scouts to join our program. Please take some time to come check us out and see what we have to offer. Click here to have a Troop 26 representative contact you to learn more about our troop.
Fill out the New Scout Application.
The Boy Scouts of America; click HERE to visit the National Website.