Troop 26 will attended the national Jamboree in 2023 at The Summit in beautiful West Virginia!
- 2023 National Jamboree website: https://jamboree.scouting.org/
2023 Jamboree Details
|Date:||Wednesday, July 12th (depart in the evening) to Saturday, July 29th|
|Total Cost:||estimated to be $3,000, plus spending money|
|Who can Participate:||All Troop 26 members ages 12 and older, who are in good standing with the troop are eligible to participate. This includes scouts, young adults ages 18-21, as well as adults. For members of Troop 126 who wish to participate, please contact your troop leadership for registration details. Troop 126 will be touring with Troop 26 and will follow the same guidelines. Troop 126’s registration process will be slightly different.|
|Location:||The Summit, Bechtel Scout Reserve, West Virginia|
|Included in Cost:||Jamboree Registration, transportation to and from Jamboree, meals, lodging, cost of touring events before and after Jamboree, and miscellaneous gear (T-Shirts, hat, .|
|NOT Included in Cost:||Cost of personal items . Watch for more information on recommended packing list. The cost also does not include extra spending money for souvenirs! Plan to bring extra money on the trip for touring, snacks, and .|
|Touring Info:||The Jamboree planning committee has packed our touring with stops at Shiloh Battlefield, Mammoth Cave, whitewater rafting, Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Monticello! It’s a ton of sites and memories!|
|Prescriptions:||Scouts who require prescriptions will need to provide their prescriptions ahead of Jamboree. Watch for more information as Jamboree approaches. NOTE: Prescriptions must be in their original container with the scout name clearly marked on the bottle. Troop 26 cannot legally accept medication in unmarked containers.|
|Contacts:||Troop # TBD|
Senior Patrol Leader – Anthony P.
Scoutmaster – Josh Hayes
Assistant Scoutmaster – Scott Pollard
Assistant Scoutmaster – Edward Sullivan
Assistant Scoutmaster – Christopher Smith
|Adult Training:||All adults scheduled to attend Jamboree must have their Youth Protection Training updated by the end of the year, 2022. Please make sure that your certification is on file with Rick Hayes.|
|Mailing Address for Participants||Full Name|
Jamboree Troop # (To Be Determined)
2023 National Jamboree
92 SBR 2
Mount Hope, WV 25888
|Payment Planning:|| Below is the payment schedule:|
– September 1st, 2022 – $350
– October 1st, 2022 – $350
– November 1st, 2022 – $350
– December 1st, 2022 – $350
– January 1st, 2023 – $350
– February 1st, 2023 – $350
– March 1st, 2023 – $350
– April 1st, 2023 – $350
– May 1st, 2023 – $200 (Payment in Full)
Please reach out to the Jamboree Planning Committee if you need special arrangements making payments for Jamboree.
Please note: No payment should be made at this time to the National Jamboree or the Indian Nations Council for Jamboree. All payments for National Jamboree should be made directly to Troop 26.
- Set up an account for the participant at https://my.scouting.org.
- Visit https://jamboree.scouting.org/ and register the participant.
- An email will be sent to the email address associated with the my.scouting.org account. Respond to the details in the email (specially, click on “view documents” and follow instructions).
- A final confirmation email will be sent to the email address confirming that the national registration has been received. Forward that email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Troop 26 admin team will send a confirmation that the participant has been added to the registration for Jamboree.
- Pay a deposit of $350 to Jim Gonders.
Jamboree Gear List (Preliminary – Aug 2022)