I just recently made a few new changes. Here are some of them:
- Hall of Ancients – This page is based on a section of the Troop Museum where we honor those great Troop 26 members of the past who have since passed. Each visit to this page will become a visual and spiritual journey, so you must click on the door to enter. As of right now, there are only a few entries, but this will soon change.
- Patrols’ Pages – This page, which has been added to the Quick Links, adds a blog page for every patrol. Patrol Leaders: Contact Kyler Smith to get the necessary permissions to edit and post to these pages.
- Official Graphics – This page contains some useful logos and PowerPoint backgrounds mostly for adult leaders who want to make official-looking troop presentations and documents.
- Podcast Archive – The weekly podcast has been posted on the website since the beginning of 2015, and now there is a page where all of these episodes will go.
- Running and Cycling Club – This cool new group has a whole list of events lined up for runners and cyclists in the troop. Joining takes about a minute, so you should go to the page and check it out right now!
- New Quick Links – The quick links have received an update. They are now entirely graphics-based, and (by popular demand) when you scroll over them they will tell you what they are!
Here are some other cool pages to check out:
- Favorite Photos from Bill Shaffer – Bill has started a weekly series, posting some great pictures of people, places, and events that have become favorite memories over the years.
- SPL Page Updates – Caleb is taking an active role in posting information to the website through the SPL page. Be sure to check back weekly for any new information or updates he provides.
- Join Troop 26 – This pages has been added to help Webelos and new scouts learn about why they should join troop 26 and help them find the necessary resources for joining the troop.
- News & Events Archive – The new Troop26.org website makes it easy to post information. Typically speaking, all new information gets posted to the home page first, and then can be moved at a later day (like after the event takes place) to this new page. This page is intended to provide a resource to help keep track of important news and events that occurred in the past.
- Video Gallery – Troop 26 has a new YouTube page! We have added a video gallery page to the troop website to make it easier to list the videos. Want to post videos to the troops YouTube page? Contact your SPL or webmaster and they’ll make it happen. Under Pages on the Troop 26 menu.
- Photo Gallery – Troop 26 maintains all of our photos through SmugMug.com. This is a great photo sharing website. We were recently able to embed the photo galleries from SmugMug directly into the Troop 26 website so that you don’t have to go to a different site to view the photo gallery. Under Pages on the Troop 26 menu.
- Troop Store – Would you like to be able to purchase patches, shirts, books, and other Troop 26 merchandise directly from the website? Setup is underway and lots of details are being worked out to be able to support this capability. Hopefully, one day it may become a reality.
- Hall of Fame – There are a lot of great people who are or have been affiliated with the troop. They have great stories that need to be documented and shared for posterity. Look for these stories to become available at some time in the future.
- Troop 26 Patches – Do you have any idea how many patches have been designed by Bill for Troop 26? Have you seen them all? Do you know what events they were created for? Collecting photos and documenting all of these patches is a monumental task, but it would be great to show the catalog of patches on the Troop 26 website. Look for this in the future.
Do you have thoughts and ideas about changes or additions that should be made to Troop26.org? Post your comments & suggestions below and we will add them to our list.